Click Here for the 2015 Sales Tax Revenue Spreadsheet showing City of Aurora sales tax generated by the Havana BID stakeholder businesses.
Click Here to read the March 2016 Fan Fare Market Study performed by EPS.
Click Here to read the 2015 audit of the Havana Business Improvement District performed by auditor group Simmons & Wheeler
2016 HAVANA DISTRICT DEMOGRAPHICS: VIEW/PRINT
Helpful links for present and future business owners On Havana Street:
- Click here to view/print the City of Aurora's 2016 Business Quick Reference Guide containing the latest information on licensing, sign regulations, tax info and contact phone numbers for key city departments.
- Click here to view the Havana North/Fanfare Concept Plan, created by area neighbors, business owners and city officials to establish guidelines and high quality standards for future redevelopment.
- Click here to read about the TIF area established at Havana North/Fan Fare in Nov 2015
- Click here to view the Havana District Design Concept Plan, adopted by the City of Aurora in 2005.
- Click here to view the Recommended Xeriscape Plant and Tree List for the Havana District
- Click here to view the Havana Street Landscape Overlay District Ordinance
- Click here to view the new City of Aurora Sign Code with the new rules for electronic message board (EMCs) starting on page 14 of the code.
- What commercial property is available for lease or sale On Havana Street? View The List of Available Properties
- Need help finding someone to do maintenance on your business, remove snow or chip & seal your parking lot? Check out our Service Vendors List
- Click here to view/print a set of business watch cards for your business.
- Click Here to view Aurora's new aggressive panhandling ordinance that takes effect 1/6/2016
- Click here to view Aurora's new Flat Permit Fee Schedule
- Click here to see the Colorado Municipal League's graffiti & gang basic training document for the Denver Metro area.
What is On Havana Street?
The Havana Business Improvement District (BID) d.b.a. On Havana Street, is a special district in Colorado created in 2007 by business and neighborhood leaders and Aurora city staff working together to build a stronger, better community. We really are making a difference by focusing on unique, culturally diverse events and fun new things to do to make the lives of our residents and visitors more interesting, at the same time as adopting the goals of clean, safe and beautiful for our new business district.
In November 2007, the commercial property and business owners voted to tax themselves 4.5 mills in real property tax to fund the new business district. The margin of support was 80% yes to 20% no. The stakeholders are committed to promoting commerce and community On Havana Street. There are 209 real commercial properties and approximately 500 businesses. A 9-member board, made up of all sizes and types of businesses from different sections of Havana Street, oversees district programming. Gayle Jetchick, Executive Director, is the only staff member and is responsible for day-to-day activities On Havana Street.
Where is On Havana Street?
On Havana Street runs 4.3 miles along Havana from 6th Avenue on the north to Dartmouth Avenue on the south, swinging the corners at major intersections. It is situated at one corner of the "opportunity triangle" formed by three other major redevelopment projects in the area–Lowry, Stapleton and Fitzsimons/Anchutz Campus.
Who's in charge?
The Havana BID is governed by a 9-member Board of Directors, appointed by Aurora City Council:
- Matt Rauzi, BID President, Colorado's Pro Gym, 1939 S Havana ST
- Darryl Ryan, BID Treasurer, Havana Auto Parts, 910 S Havana ST
- Kyle Bell, BID Director, Ed Bozarth Chevrolet, 2001 S Havana ST
- Dave Mittan, BID Director, President, First Bank of Aurora, 2300 S Havana ST
- Darryl Ryan, BID Director, Havana Auto Parts, 901 S Havana ST
- Tracy Williams, BID Director, Summit Steakhouse, 2700 S Havana ST
- Glenda Dozier, BID Director, Bella Vita Senior Living, 1470 S Havana ST
- Scott Goodwin, BID Director, All Seasons Rentall, 2157 S Havana ST
- Brenda Soper, BID Director, AmCap, property manager for The Gardens on Havana
- Gayle Jetchick, BID Executive Director
How are we financed?
In 2007, the real property owners in the BID voted to tax themselves 4.5 mills in real property tax to fund the Havana BID. Per our adopted 2015 operational plan, the revenue is applied to:
- Program Management: Payroll, Supplies, Equipment, Overhead, Audit & Accounting, Taxes, Insurance, Legal counsel
- Economic Development & Marketing: Special Events to bring customers into the district, Business Support & Attraction, Consumer Marketing TV, radio and print ads for events and the Havana Motor Mile, Ratepayer Communication, the Branding Campaign/website and support of the Business Watch Program
- District Identity: Gateway Sign repair and maintenance, Condominium Newsrack repair and maintenance, Art 2C On Havana public art program expenses, Banners & Decorations, Streetscape/landscape planning, improvement, design and/or engineering.
- State required 3% reserves
- Arapahoe County treasurers fee 1.5%
How do you get in touch with us?
On Havana Street
Gayle Jetchick, Executive Director
337 Oswego ST
Aurora CO 80010
Upcoming Board Meetings:
The Board of Directors meets at 8:30 a.m. on the third Thursday of each month at Havana Street Station (formerly called Dumitri's Restaurant) at 1911 S Havana Street, unless otherwise noted below.
Here are the 2016 board meeting dates:
- January 21
- February 18
- March 17
- April 21
- May 19
- June 16
- July 21
- August 18
- September 15
- October 20
- November 17 (this is our annual stakeholders' meeting held at The Summit Steakhouse)
- December 15
Helpful Links to area attractions:
Visit Aurora Cultural Arts Web Site
Visit the Aurora Symphony Orchestra Web Site
Links to useful information for your business:
Visit the City of Aurora Web Site
Visit the Aurora Chamber of Commerce Web Site
Visit the Aurora Economic Development Council Web Site
Visit the Downtown Colorado, Inc. Web Site
Visit the Aurora Business Development Center Web Site
Visit the Aurora Tax & Licensing Center Web Site
Visit the TriCounty Health Department's Restaurant Licensing Info Web Site
Visit the Aurora Zoning Code Counter Web Site
Visit the IRS Small Business Tax Center Web Site
Visit the Korea Weekly